DeKalb Pro Bono believes everyone deserves access to legal counsel. Facing a legal problem can be stressful and confusing. But you don’t have to face it alone. For clients who qualify, we provide free legal assistance.
It is important to understand that we don’t provide immediate legal answers over the phone. Instead, we work with local attorneys who can provide free legal help to qualified applicants.
DeKalb Pro Bono does not provide legal support for criminal matters or fee-generating civil cases like personal injury cases or employment discrimination.
We do provide legal assistance in the following areas:
• Family law (divorce, child custody, child support)
• Temporary protection order hearings (family violence, dating violence, stalking)
• Landlord/tenant issues (security deposit return, eviction defense, maintenance issues)
• Consumer debt
• Probate issues
You may qualify for legal assistance if:
• You are a DeKalb County resident
• Your legal case is in DeKalb County
• You cannot afford an attorney, and
• and you have a non-fee generating civil matter.
If you believe you may qualify, check out our frequently asked questions and complete an online application. You must complete an online application to begin the screening process. If you have any questions, please call 404-373-0865, during our intake hours (9 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays).